Installing Nav 2009 with native database

Hi all, This is my first post on this forum :slight_smile:

My problem is that I have to make an installation on Navision 2009 with native database, and I can’t make it work.

My steps have been:

-Creating a virtual machine witch Windows 2003 and assing a fix valid IP.

-Installing Navision 2009, selecting “server” and in “customize installation” I have select “Server” and “Classic Client” options

-Adding lines to files services and hosts, keeping in mind that this version seems to use port 7046 by default

-Copying Database.fdb from installation DVD to C:\DATABASE\DATABASE.FDB (I’ve look for a database.fdb in the whole hard disk and installation program seems to not copying this file in navision folder or in any other place)

-Share folder C:\DATABASE with full access to all users

-Restart virtual machine

-Open “Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 Classic”, select open database, the machine name as server name, C:\DATABASE\DATABASE.FDB in database name, windows authentication, and TCP in advanced tab.

-I get the message: TCP/IP not responding (Error ECONNREFUSED of TCP/IP)

¿what’s wrong?

I’ve been looking at the services, and it does not appear the typical “Microsoft-Business solutions-Navision Database Server [Machine name]”. the most similar to this is a service called “Microsoft Dynamics Nav Server”, and when I try to run it give the the message “the service started on local machine and the stopped. Some services stops automatically if have nothing to do” (It’s not real transcripted message since I get it in spanish and i translate onto english by myself).

Also, when I look for the registry key:

HKEY LOCAL MACHINE Ă  SYSTEM Ă  CURRENT CONTROL SET Ă  SERVICES Ă  [MACHINE NAME]

I don’t find the folder.

So I think the problem is the Navision service.

ÂżCan anyone help me? Thank you very much

So welcome to The Dynamics User Group.

What are you trying to do? Do you want to run Client/Server, or do you want to directly connect to the database. It looks like you are doing a little bit of both. Have you installed the NAV native server (I think what you probably have done is installed the Middle tier server, which you do not need).