Installation AX2012R2

I installed SQL Server 2008 Enterprise Evaluation Edition (64-bit).then i start to install AX2012R2.I run prerequisites it can’t shows any error.when i ready to start installation after given the database name it gives below error

and the error is

Install a supported version of Microsoft SQL Server and verify that you have access to the SQL Server instance.

Note: Setup connects to the SQL Server instance to obtain the SQL version number. If Setup is unable to connect, this prerequisite will fail. This failure typically occurs because the Windows service for the SQL Server instance is not running, or because the user running Setup does not have permission to query the database.

For information about the versions of Microsoft SQL Server that are supported with Microsoft Dynamics AX, go to go.microsoft.com/…/

For information about how the prerequisite was validated, click the View log file link. For detailed troubleshooting steps, see the troubleshooting section of the Installation Guide at go.microsoft.com/…/

Regards,

MSDAX.

Dear All,

Please tell me any one knows.

hi,

as the error inform you that “Windows service for the SQL Server instance is not running, or because the user running Setup does not have permission to query the database.”

you can check the SQL service running or not by type “SERVICES.MSC” and then see “SQL Server” service running or not? if not you can right click and click start to make the service running.

Hi Ismail,

Thanks for the given replay.

The SQL server service is running.I installed in my local system so i am the admin of my system.

Regards,

KishoreM.

have you restarted the machine before installing ax 2012.if not, restart the machine once and try again.

Hi ven,

Thanks for the given replay.

yes i restarted the machine.again i get the same error.

Did you installed SP2 of SQL Server ?

Hi Nuno Maia,

Thanks for the given replay.I installed only SQL Server 2008.SP2 is an optional but not recommended .