Install NAS server with version 5.00 and 5.00 SP1 on same server

I’m trying to find the right way to install the new version of NAS SP1 on a server where there is already the NAS SP0 (initial version since 2 year). I understood that i have to copy the current directories for future uses and once done, remove the NAS version via the MSI file. Once done, i have to install the NAS SP1 and to ‘reactivate’ the old version copied in another directories.

Just let me kno if it’s the right way before to start the install;

Thanks,

In addition to what you said, you will have to specify the database name and Start up parameters for new NAS.

Hi Dhan,

Thanks for your quick answer. But do I need to uninstall the 'old 'NAS SP0 and to reinstall them when i’ve updated server with NAS SP1?

or maybe i can change only the directory on the services.

Cheers, Loris

Is there any reason for which you want to keep 5.0 NAS?

even without un-installing it should work, give it a try though.

Hi Dan, Our partner provides a solution with NAS SP0 two year ago and for the roll out in a new country, they migrated their solution to NAV and NAS SP1.

That’s the reason of the instalaltion of SP1 without removing the previous version.
Last question: If i remove the first.5.0 NAS, I should be able to ‘restore’ it from the copy. And i assume that the directory of NAS SP1 should be different from 5.0 NAS, right?

Thanks,

All NAS instances that use the same database should be on the same exe version, which should be the same build as the client.

Hi DenSter, You’re right. The first Nav databases were based on 5.0 Nav and the new one is based on 5.0 NAV SP1. This explains the reason of the NAS SP1.
I run the install without problem, except that i need to reinstall the previous 5.0 NAS as it was the first install and the remove process deinstall the related service. But it’s not an issue. All works well until now.

Oh ok, the topic says “NAS server with version 5.00 and 5.00 SP1 on same server” so for a moment there I thought you had two instances of NAS installed at the same time, each with a different version, and both are connecting to the same database.