install "enterprise portal developer tools" in a machine where isn't installed enterprise portal

Hi all, I’m trying to install “enterprise portal developer tools” in a machine where isn’t installed enterprise portal,
because is a different machine, for example, the developer machine.
When I try to install the tools, I get an error because “enterprise portal” isn’t installed.

Is it possible? or my developers have to develop in the visual studio of the “enterprise portal” machine?

For solving it, I have found how developing dynamics user controls in another machine and I have followed this steps:

1. Open VS2008: Tools->Options->Add-in/Macros security and add C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics AX\50\EnterprisePortalTools
  2. Open DVD\MSI\Components64\
  3. Create folder My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Templates\ProjectTemplates\Visual Web Developer\CSharp
  4. Copy AxWebProject.zip to My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Templates\ProjectTemplates\Visual Web Developer\CSharp
  5. Create folder My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Templates\ItemTemplates\Visual Web Developer\CSharp
  6. Copy AxWebpartPage.zip and AxWebUserControl.zip from to My Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Templates\ItemTemplates\Visual Web Developer\CSharp
  7. Open VS2008 and make sure that EP project template is available
    8 .To add EP specific Items to Visual Studio’s Toolbox, select “Chose items” from the right click menu on VS’s toolbox
    Browse for C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics AX\50\Client\Bin\Microsoft.Dynamics.Framework.Portal.dll

Following this steps I have got to have the “Dynamics AX Web Project” template, and the AX tools in the tool box.

Now, when I try to drag a AX control I get the error:
“Value cannot be null. Parameter name: child”

When I see the code of my ax user control, I can see that I get an error in the dynamics ax tags :

"‘dynamics’ ": tag prefix or device filter unrecognized.

Probably I need an dll or something more, or this isn’t posible.

Thanks in advance and greetings.

Hi,

Enterprise portal framework is a requirement for installing EP developer tools.

And I am not aware of any other way where this requirement can be bypassed.

Thanks you for your answer, but then, the developers cannot develop in their own machine, do they have to develop in the server machine where is installed EP? In my opinion, I think that is unsafe, for this reason I thought that there was another way.

Thanks and Greetings.

Hi,

The EP development is similar to any code development.

Development is done in dedicated dev environment. Following successful unit testing, the code is exported to other environments as required.