Input Dialog Box Question

Hello world! I have seen an example of an input box, and I can create one myself, like this: window.OPEN (‘Booking Date #1#########’+ ‘Dokument Date #2#########’+ ‘Shipment Date #3#########’, BookingDate,DocumentDate,DeliveryDate); EntryNo := 0; NewEntryNo := 1; WHILE (NewEntryNo > 0) AND (EntryNo <> NewEntryNo) DO BEGIN EntryNo := NewEntryNo; CASE EntryNo OF 1 : NewEntryNo := window.INPUT(1,BookingDate); 2 : NewEntryNo := window.INPUT(2,DocumentDate); 3 : NewEntryNo := window.INPUT(3,DeliveryDate); END; END; window.CLOSE; IF NewEntryNo = 0 THEN EXIT; The problem is that this dialog box contains only one button, and it says “Cancel”. This is of course very distressing for the user, clicking Cancel when he/she means OK. Does anyone of you know of a solution, except for creating a new form handling the input? Thank you for your attention! Pelle

Quote: Does anyone of you know of a solution, except for creating a new form handling the input? Pelle All you can do is try to make it more friendly with a prompt to change or Accept and another dialog message Window.OPEN (‘Please Change each Date or press Enter to Accept’+ ‘Press the cancel button to stop the posting\’+ ‘Booking Date #1#########’+ ‘Dokument Date #2#########’+ ‘Shipment Date #3#########’, BookingDate,DocumentDate,DeliveryDate) //Wait for the fields to be changed or Entered Window.INPUT(1,BookingDate); Window.INPUT(2,DocumentDate); Window.INPUT(3,DeliveryDate); //Test Values If BookingDate=0D THEN ERROR(‘Message’); IF DocumentDate=0D THEN ERROR(‘Message’); IF DeliveryDate=0D THEN ERROR(‘Message’); // Give then a second chance to cancel If not Confirm(‘Are you sure you want to post %1 %2’,FALSE,“Document Type”,“Document No.”)THEN ERROR(’’); Or just use a Form or a Report RequestForm? Then you can also test the data. David Cox MindSource (UK) Limited Navision Solutions Partner Email: david@mindsource.co.uk Web: www.mindsource.co.uk Edited by - David Cox on 2001 Mar 03 23:38:52

I reccomend using a form instead of a dialog window for inputting data, especially if you want to validate the data while inputting it. This does mean that you will have to 1. Convince your boss to add another form object to your installation, which costs money. and 2. Convince your boss that it IS possible to have form which is not linked to a table. Obviously, both #1 and #2 are tough to do, but not as tough as trying to input data through a dialog window… ------- Tim Horrigan horrigan@aol.com Edited by - horrigan on 2001 Mar 05 04:36:20