InfoPart should filter list page grid values

Hello,

I have two list pages. First list page shows a grid with some values.

Second list page has fact boxes with infoparts.

I am able to populate values in the infopart using queries but I want to filter the infopart values with the grid values of the first list page.

any suggestions/ideas, please let me know

Please advice.

Thanks

Shankar Iyer

Are you saying that you want to filter fact boxes not with data in the current list page form, but from another list page form? How should it work? How should the list page know what is in another list page?

Hi Shankar,

I have a form that has info parts and grid. When i select a row in the grid, values in info parts changes. This happens because values of grid and info parts are in the same table.

Yours?

Are you saying that you want to filter fact boxes not with data in the current list page form but from another list page form?

Yes Martin.

How should it work?

Basically from the 1st list page (HCMWORKERLISTPAGE), I will select a record and click on the button in the action page which opens my second list page which has several fact boxes. Now I want to filter these fact boxes with the selected record of the first list page… I hope you understood what I want to achieve.

How should the list page know what is in another list page?

I am able to all the records in the fact box using query feature but unable to do filtering based upon the selected value of the first list page.

Please ask me if you are inable to understand or if you have any questions

Thanks

Shankar

I have a form that has info parts and grid. When i select a row in the grid, values in info parts changes. This happens because values of grid and info parts are in the same table.

Yeah that also happens to me when the factbox is present in the same list page where we will select any record. but in my case it is different.

Basically from the 1st list page (HCMWORKERLISTPAGE), I will select a record and click on the button in the action page which opens my second list page which has several fact boxes. Now I want to filter these fact boxes with the selected record of the first list page… I hope you understood what I want to achieve. Any idea, please advice

Thanks

Shankar

I don’t believe that filtering fact boxes according to something else than what is displayed in the list page is how the UX around fact boxes are built and should be used. Even if you technically managed to do it (don’t forget that fact boxes exists also as web controls), your fact boxes would work differently than the rest of AX and users would still expect to see data related to the current list page.

If you can’t base fact boxes on data in the current list page, my opinion is that you should change the design of your solution.

I was able to achieve this.

We had to pass the data source as dirperson and the associated foriegn key

Thanks

Shankar Iyer