Increasing the Size of Posting Window

Dear Experts

Can we increase the size of window which appears while posting the data. I tried my best but could not find any help.

One of my client demands it as they are not able to see the whole document number in it.

Thanks

Gaurav Singh

Can you show us the screenshot?

on high level info, it looks like not possible…

Here is the screen shot.

Hi, take a look at codeunit 90 and search for Text005 text constant usage.

Hi Daniele

It worked in classic client. Can suggest, how to do it for RTC as I have to do it there.

Thanks

Gaurav

The same modification will affect RTC in the same way: isn’t working?

The size of the window document number display can be increased by updating the associated text constants. The window will generally be setup as a text constant such as ‘Posting lines #2######’, updating the text constant and increasing the total number sign’s used will increase the width of the document number being displayed (e.g. ‘Posting lines #2###########’). Please keep in mind that there can be a number of text constants used for one window so be sure to update all of the constants and language variants to keep a consistent look and feel for the window displayed.

By doing all these it is working for classic client but not for the RTC. I found all such text constants and modified them in the code unit 90 except the functions inside (As there are many functions there in the CU and i don’t think that any function would be using such text constants.)

Thanks

Gaurav

Quick question just to confirm, did you change the text for all languages on the text constants?

I have also noticed that there is a string used instead of a text constant (’#1#################################\’), if you search for window.open you will find these. This string controls the first line of the window so it might have more of an impact on the width of this section and the window overall, this is the section where the invoice number is displayed.

This is the code part you have to modify:

IF Invoice THEN BEGIN
IF GUIALLOWED THEN
Window.OPEN(
#1#################################\’ +
Text005 +
Text006 +
Text007 +
Text008)
END ELSE
IF GUIALLOWED THEN
Window.OPEN(
#1############################\’ +
Text009);

So did you increase the number of “#” in the two lines shown and in text costants and still doesn’t work? It did it and result is the image attached, 4606.Dialog.png

Sorry for “cuncurrent” Tim posting.

Thank you so much Tim and Daniele . Finally It worked. !