Thank you for the reply I’m new to AX, so I’ll try to explain what I try to achieve:
The concept of the new tracking dimension called GIN number is as follow:
GIN is a running number for every item arrival; so when item A batch 01 arrive at 1 Feb 2013, it’ll have GIN number 01.
When item A batch 01 arrive again at 2 Feb 2013 together with item B batch 02 and item C batch 03, it will become:
- Item A batch 01 will have GIN number 02
- Item B batch 02 will have GIN number 03
- Item C batch 03 will have GIN number 04
So, item A batch 01 can have 2 or more GIN number depends on the arrival.
My approach is as follow:
- Create a new EDT called ‘GIN’
- Add the EDT to InventDim table
- When user input batch number in Item arrival, I’ll create a new inventDimId and insert it to InventDim
I know that creating a new dimension will not be an easy task, especially when I’m new to AX, but I don’t seem to find any other way to store the GIN number other than adding it to the tracking dimension.
Can you help me by giving any clue how to store the GIN number ? or should I continue adding GIN number to tracking dimension ?
Thanks in advance,