In Vendor Ledger Entry, On Hold field can not be edited

While I am trying to enter in Vendor Ledger entry, On hold field, showing error msg :

“You do not have permission to modify records in the Vendor Ledger Entry table.”

Even if the user has super permission, it shows the same error…

Where are you trying to do?

In Vendor Ledger Entries, Field ‘On Hold’.

Via table or Form or report?

Hi, try to synchronize the users. If it keeps giving you the same error, pease check if your licence have permissions to modify on that table. if it have the modify property ‘M’ you can modify this table, but if it have ‘m’ you can’t directly modify this table, but you can add permissions to this on permissions properties on the object where is the line of code that try to modify the record.

Form only…

On Hold Field

The Vendor Ledger Entry Table

This field can be used when a vendor ledger has been invoiced and you run the Suggest Vendor Payments batch job.

You can use the field to determine whether the posted vendor entry will be included in the payment suggestion.

Before posting, you can fill in the field with your initials or any other code to indicate that the vendor entry should wait for approval before a payment is made.

If the field is filled in, the entry will not be included when you run the Suggest Vendor Payments batch job. The field will show that the entry is waiting for approval. If the field is empty, the entry will be included in the payment suggestion.

The field can be filled in from the following fields:

If the entry was posted from a journal line, the contents of the field are copied from the On Hold field on the journal line.

If the entry was posted from an order, invoice or credit memo, the contents of the field are copied from the On Hold field on the purchase header.

How can I check whetherthe license have permission to modify or not?

If you permissions to do so, you can download form partner source the file Permission Report Detailed.txt

this file show the information of your licence and need to contains at least 1 of these lines:

Module Range From Range To Object Type Permission
900 All Application Granules 1 9999 TableData R I M D -
3510 Purchases & Payables - Basic Payables 25 25 TableData R i m d -
7300 Solution Developer 1 49999 TableData R I M D -

if you only have the module 3510, you need to add the permission like I said before.

Sorry. I couldn’t get You. From where I have to download the Permission report? If it is report ID 55000, then I dont have the permission to run.

Sorry. I couldn’t get You. From where I have to download the Permission report? If it is report ID 55000, then I dont have the permission to run.

In cronus DB, after posting also we can able to edit this field directly (in Vendor ledgerentries form)

This is Not possible in standard database…

Cronus only our base one, ryte? means standard one…

yes…

Standard Db allows modification of On-Hold field in Vendor Ledger Entries form 29. The modification is managed using Codeunit Vend. Entry-Edit.

Mohana, what makes you think this? The “On Hold” field has been editable in every version of Navision I know going back to the DOS version. The idea of the field is to manually put payment on hold and then release it. Without being able to edit the field it would be of no use what so ever.

Sorry guyes…

I didnt check InlineEditing property…