Importing external invoices to NAV 5.0

I am planning to import external invoices to NAV 5.0 and i found that Purchase Header and the Purchase Line are the tables that needs to be updated. Is there any other tables that needs to be updated while importing external invoices to NAV 5.0?

Also since my Client has NAV on SQL, Is it a good way to impot the data directly on the table?

Any Feedback will be appreciated. Thanks.

Welcome DUG.

You need to map the relevant information you have with Navision table fields and check the mandatory fields or information to be filled to post for eg. Posting groups, structures.

Try it in test db first.

There are a lot of fields that have to be filled in. Easiest way is to use NAV Business Rules (=validatins).
To do that you have to use C/AL.

It is absolutely not advisable to import directly into SQL-tables!

I would also suggest that, because it seems like you are not familiar with NAV, that you get the customer’s NAV partner involved.

How about using the Dataport? Can we use Dataport to import the invoices from the text file containing multiple invoices?

How about using Dataport? Can we use Dataport to import invoices from the text file containing multiple invoices?

Yes, that is how you should do it, but again, it does not seem like you have much experience with NAV. I’m not saying don’t try and learn, but do you know how to build a dataport? How to check the license to see what ID numbers it can be assigned to? How to make sure fields are either assigned or validated and done in the right order?

thanks Matt,

so you mean we can use Dataport to import invoices from the text file containing multiple invoices?

Yes you are right. I am new to NAV. Do you know where i can find the document for creating a dataport?

I am learning to create dataport from the demo version of NAV i have. It seems like I need special permission for doing that. Does demo version allow you to create a dataport?

You can start by searching the forum for DATAPORT