Import Party to AX 2012 R2

Hi All,

I’m trying to import party (DirPartyTable) using excel add-in. When I try to import party in AX 2012, I got all the record published successfully. But when I try to import party in AX 2012 R2, I got 0 records published and 0 records failed

Can anyone suggest me how to import party in AX 2012 R2 ?

Thanks in advance,

Esther Mulijono

Use Data Migration Studio because the Excel add-in is not designed to do what you are trying to do and is therefore problematic. This has been discussed several times on the forum before with continual problems with the Excel-add in, it is not an appropriate tool, although there are blogs suggesting how to achieve it, when you start on a new version you will need to resolve all the issues yourself as a vanguard.

Hi Esther ,

You can import the data in the tables DirOrganization or DirPerson through Excel add-in and DirPartyTable fill automatically, this behavior is caused inheritance, DirOrganization and DirPerson tables extend from DirPartyTable

best regards

Hi Esther,

I am facing the same issue with the DirPartyTable in a 2012 R2 environment where I try and load say 20 records via the excel add-in and when i publish the records are not published and have 0 records published and o records failed which as you have already experienced is really frustrating.

Did you manage to resolve this issue, if so how?

Dave

Hi David,

I’ve successfully import the data by using the Data Import/Export Framework as Adam suggested.

Esther

Hi Esther,

I have sorted this now as I re read Michael’s post above (thanks Michael) and as it states in R2 you need to populate the DirOrganizations table and this populates DirParty by inheritance.

Dave