Import Error

Hi. I’m trying to import some data into axapta with an excel sheet. I’ve made my definition group and the excel file with the template wizard. But after I populate the table and try to import it with the definitions groups, i get an error “Unknown Type: ‘VT_BSTR’” Any idea? Please! Need desperate help!

Hi there, I have seen such error messages before whenever there was a clash with the data type. Mainly the problem seems to be with the date type. Hope this helps, Harish Mohanbabu

I was importing the route-related tables (routeversion, route and routeopr), anyway, the date field was empty. :frowning:

Hi, I just gave Date field as an example. Problem could be with any data type mismatch. May be if you can forward the Excel sheet that you are trying to import, I can have a look. Regards, Harish Mohanbabu

Hi There can also be a problem if the field has no EDT or Enum. Then Axapta will not know how to import it. Check the hidden lines in Excel if every column has either a data type or an enum.

I’ve solved the problem saving the excel sheet as a cvs file and making a custom import group… and it worked [:0]

I’ve solved the problem saving the excel sheet as a cvs file and making a custom import group… and it worked [:0] 25.04.2005

Hi Nhormazabal

I have met same problem todays. your problem was at 2005. if you still remember solving, please giveme a little detail. because I couldnt solve problem with your way’s.

ı search every where for this, I have see one person who solved this problem please give me a hand

thank you