Import Artikels

Hello, I there out a script x++ for import artikels in the Invent table from scratch. I mean, Import a external TXT artikel file into Axapta 3.0 The Excel import option isn’t not easy for about 200.000 artikels Greetz, [:D]

Dear Wim, Can you explain why the Excel import option is not easy for importing those number of articles. If the reason is that you need to get the data, coming from another system, formatted in the Excel layout that complies to the Axapta table then maybe try using the import from a CSV-file. Therefore you need to define an import definition group and specify the layout of your CSV-file. You are provided with additional conversion capabilities on field level when using the type Custom. Kind Regards, Danny Gaethofs PS: If you want to elaborate on this please do not hesitate to contact me.

Hi Read the Implementation Guide, in there you’ll find, how to import items into the three mandatory tables. It is published in the documentation library of Navision’s technet: technet.navision.com

quote:

Originally posted by dangaet
Can you explain why the Excel import option is not easy for importing those number of articles.

Maybe because Excel can hold “only” ¡Ö65.000 rows…?

quote:

Originally posted by dangaet
Dear Wim, Can you explain why the Excel import option is not easy for importing those number of articles. If the reason is that you need to get the data, coming from another system, formatted in the Excel layout that complies to the Axapta table then maybe try using the import from a CSV-file. Therefore you need to define an import definition group and specify the layout of your CSV-file. You are provided with additional conversion capabilities on field level when using the type Custom. Kind Regards, Danny Gaethofs PS: If you want to elaborate on this please do not hesitate to contact me.

Hi Danny, I have make a import with your solution. This is working nice, but in my project my customer have more then 200.000 records Also Artikel numbers must in Excel completed in the begin with a '. In the InventItemLocation table 3 times * 200.000 e.t.c. Also there is monthly a update for the price’s So i think a special script is more easy. reagards, Wim

Hi Wim, for importing from text file, please take a look at sample code Harish Mohanbabu has on his website: http://www.harishm.com/Navision/Code.html Harish has posted sample code for import/export from text file. His sample are for import/export for Chart of Accounts, but can be easily changed for other purposes. Also he has used comma as field delimiter. If you have other needs set this with inFieldDelimiter method. Thanks Harish [^]