IFRS, payables and receivables

Due to IFRS regulations our company should report receivables and payables per segment. In Navision a segment is represented by a dimension, which is on Item level. Since customer and vendor ledger entries are created at document header level, and not at line level, we have a problem. How to split the aggregated payable/receivable balance amounts in G/L into payable/receivable amounts per original (line) dimension? Is there any other method than to do this through calculating with invoice/credit memo lines (for which I do not know what has been payed upon them)? Help! [:0]

Hi Michiel I do not understand what you are trying to get at, but what is preventing you from adding a Dimension to the customer and supplier record to record segments in this manner and then report at the header level?

A customer can both buy products from segment A and segment B. So if he orders items A and B in one order, I get one Receivable. However, I should be able to report a separated receivable value for A and for B.

Hi Michiel Still not sure what the issue is. How is this for an example? On one sales order I ship and invoice two lines. Item 1 has Dimension A Item 2 has Dimension B In the GL - GL Balance by Dimension view, set the lines to the Dimension, columns as something like period, you will see the sales by dimension. Then you have the analysis views by dimension that you can configure yourselves. If you are in version 4 look at the analysis within sales and receivables, the analysis and the analysis by dimensions. I am not sure if I am misunderstanding your requirement or not!

Hi Steven, You’re on the wrong path. Perhaps I explained myself not clearly enough. I do not have problems with turnovers. We do use analysis by dimensions for this. I will take your example: On one sales order I ship and invoice two lines. Item 1 has Dimension A, Line Amount including VAT = 10 Item 2 has Dimension B, Line Amount including VAT = 30 This returns only 1 Cust. Ledger Entry record with an Amount of 40 and only Document Header dimensions, doesn’t it? So I loose my detailed line dimension information in the Customer balance. What I should report however, is this: G/L balance Receivables as per 2005/07/31: Dimension A, value x (which includes the amount of 10) Dimension B, value y (which includes the amount of 30) But, by discussing this subject with you, I’m beginning to believe that I’m asking the impossible, and I’m afraid that we cannot do more than segment our customers as far as possible, and report the receivables/payables Balance per Customer/Vendor. Because if a partial payment of, let’s say 20, is made to this Cust. ledger Entry, to which dimension should it be applied then? But, Steven, I know you often have solutions no one ever thought of, so…[8D]

Hi Michiel I am still not sure can we start again? [:D] In my example I can set the analysis in Sales and Receivables to split by customer and dimension. Set a new analysis report up, In the line template create row 10 to be Customer (Dim A), specify the type as customer and if you want to set the range for the customer. Then set the dimension filtering to equal Dim A. Create row 20 but for Dim B. This will then show you two lines, for the same customer split by dimension. How you set the columns up determines what is displayed. Just one of the ways you can get this information out in the analysis areas I am sure. I maybe missing the point again [Duh!] but if I am tell me where you are and what you want to see in a column/line split for dimensions and I will see. Basically I have one invoice with two lines, and I am getting these lines out with different dimensions in differnet formats.

Hi Steven,

quote:

In my example I can set the analysis in Sales and Receivables to split by customer and dimension. Set a new analysis report up, In the line template create row 10 to be Customer (Dim A), specify the type as customer and if you want to set the range for the customer.

You mention a new analysis report, I assume you mean Analysis by Dimensions in General Ledger menu? or is it Account Schedules you’re talking about? Then the problem is that I can only analyse the customer sales by a dimension which is available on customer level. The dimension I need for my reporting, however, is not on a customer level, but at sales line level. Or is it another analysis report you’re talking about? Basically, the problem is that in my general ledger postings, I do not have the original dimensions of the Sales Invoice Lines / credit memo lines available anymore!

Hi Michiel I am referring to all of the new analysis tools in version 4.0. I will assume therefore that you are not looking at this version, do you have access to a copy and can see what I mean?

Hi Steven. We are on 3.70, sorry. I will try to get my hands on a demo version of 4.0 through my NSC. Thanks already and let’s close the subject here.