How we can reverese the picking list journal.

hi,How we can reverese the picking list journal.

Actually user has selected wrong picking list journal name (They create manual picking list journal & then select the name)

Reseting the orde status will not be preffered as they have so many picking list journals already posted as shown bellow.

10P is entered by mistake instead of 07P

1563.24-11-2010 9-46-20 AM.png

Financial posting…

5417.24-11-2010 9-45-39 AM.png

1563.24-11-2010 9-46-20 AM.png

Assumption it is production from your text.

The reset status reverses it, but you do not want to do this, the journal is posted, and therefore your only option is to manually create a new journal and enter negative lines. If this does not work for you then you have no choice but to reset the order.

1)If we have set the picking list jpurnal name as “A” in production parameters then we should
get “A” in the general tab of the batch order-start form when we go to start the order right?
If yes,if its not happeing what can be the reson?

2)if my journal name is A & by mistake use post B then will that cause any wrong Financial impact?

The journal name has no impact on the financial postings, these are driven by the production parameters of ledger posting and then it depends upon what is set in there.

If you define the default as A it will default to A, unless you have created different default values, which would override the parameter setting.

1.I think answer to my first question is Batch order>Start>Default values>user defaults

2.In your last update is “production parameters of ledger posting” = Production>setup>parameters ???

3.if posting against different picking list journal name has no wrong financial impact on batch ordeer then what are non-finance effects of it?

4.Adam, how are you & where r u from :slight_smile:

Yes that is where it comes from if you change it.

Yes that is correct, look at the Ledger Posting on the General Tab. You do this by work centre, production group or cost category, but where you are on the item the item group would generally be used, on teh production tab.

Only impact would be if you were reporting by picking list journal name, but you would never do that.

Fine thanks, I am in the UK.

"Only impact would be if you were reporting by picking list journal name, but you would never do that. "…do you mean the only inpact is that one journal name of that the journal number sequence is consumed & we can not use the journal name in future again & nothing else??

2061.prod ledger postings.png

you reply to point no.2 two is for highlighted fields of above screenshots right?

Our default is Itme+category…what is meaning of all these three options??

Let me know if you want me to include this as a new Post…:slight_smile:

The first is Item + Work Centre. The item picking list ledger entries are defined by the production tab on the item group, the item routing ledger entries are defined by the ledger codes defined on the work centre.

The second is Item + Category. The item picking list ledger entries are defined by the production tab on the item group, the item routing ledger entries are defined by the ledger codes defined on the cost category that will defined for each costing element of the work centre

The third is Production Groups. The item picking list ledger entries and, the item routing ledger entries are defined by the ledger codes defined on the production group on the works order.

You need to look at the ledger definitions in the item groups, work centres, cost categories or production groups. Without understanding the differences you cannot really configure AX.

The journal name is just a way of identifying the journal, it does not affect the financial reporting, so to have an impact you would have to actually write a report saying only look for entries where the journal name is “x” which no one would do as it does not affect the ledger entries so cannot be consistently reported upon. .

The first is Item + Work Centre. The item picking list ledger entries are defined by the production tab on the item group, the item routing ledger entries are defined by the ledger codes defined on the work centre.

The second is Item + Category. The item picking list ledger entries are defined by the production tab on the item group, the item routing ledger entries are defined by the ledger codes defined on the cost category that will defined for each costing element of the work centre

The third is Production Groups. The item picking list ledger entries and, the item routing ledger entries are defined by the ledger codes defined on the production group on the works order.

You need to look at the ledger definitions in the item groups, work centres, cost categories or production groups. Without understanding the differences you cannot really configure AX.

The journal name is just a way of identifying the journal, it does not affect the financial reporting, so to have an impact you would have to actually write a report saying only look for entries where the journal name is “x” which no one would do as it does not affect the ledger entries so cannot be consistently reported upon. .

can u elaborate more about impact of journal name if not financial then what???

None, there is no impact. none at all. I cannot elaborate more on something that effectively does nothing except is a holding name above the transactions.