How to view lot tracking information for non-bin locations?

I thought this should be really obvious, but I’m at a loss when trying to view item tracking information for non-bin enabled locations.

In bin locations I’m able to use the ‘Lot Number by Bin’ factbox to view that information. But this is not available when the location doesn’t have bins.

I’ve created a report to view the info for any item in SSRS, but I’d like to know if this info is accessible from NAV itself.

Thanks!

Hi,

Have you checked item ledger entries ?

g.

Hello,

Yes, this is where I’m querying the data from the report, item tracking entries are also there. What I want to know if there is some way to see the total grouped by lot like for bin locations. For example:

Item ITM-1234

Total Inventory: 50

Lot A: 30

Lot B: 15

Lot C: 5

This is very easy to see when the location supports bins (thanks to the ‘Lot Number by Bin’ factbox), but I cannot seem to find it for non-bin locations.

If you have your system configured to create “Lot No. Information” records, you can see the information there.

Where would I configure? I have all my items marked as LOTALL meaning mandatory lot information for any inbound or outbound transaction. We do not have any manufacturing, all our inbound transactions are from purchases.

I found the “Lot No. Information” page in the Dev Environment and can run it from there (blank data), but do not see how to get to it from NAV.

It’s controlled by the “Item Tracking Code” setup.

Ok I found it, everything is ticked except the ‘Lot No. Info. Must Exist’ checkboxes for inbound and outbound. However the help says

“Specifies that lot numbers on inbound document lines must have an information record in the Lot No. Information Card.”

So I don’t know if this will automate the entries in the Lot Information table or refuse transaction that do not have an entry there.

The records are created when the lot is assigned on the purchase order. I don’t recall if the system will create them during posting if they are missing. I will leave you to test that.

In any case, you will need a process to create those that should already exist.

Thanks, I’ll test in out in our dev environment and update the thread.