How to use Fixed Asset in General Journal?

Dear Folks,

We have the option of selecting the Account Type as Fixed Asset in General Journal and I would like to use it for specific reasons. But the problem comes when I try to post it says, “FA Posting Type must not be in Gen. Journal Line: Journal Template Name=GENERAL, Journal Batch Name=CASH, Line No.=10000” I have a restriction problem in using the FA G/L journal so that’s the reason I am asking for General Journal and its selection in use of FA in G/J…

Kindly suggest how can I use it in General Journal only…

Many Thanks in advance…

Hi KR,

What do you mean with “restriction problem in using FA G/L Journal”? If is a permission restriction, someone with role SUPER has to change your permissions to allow you to use “FA G/L Journal”.

“FA Posting Type”, by default, is only present in that journal page. If you have a developer licence, you can add this field to “General Journal”, but you will need some extra fields (“Depreciation Book Code” for shure and “FA Posting Date” and some others optionally) to post a Fixed Asset through this journal.

Hello Ponc,
Thanks for your quick reply… Thank you soo much for helping us a lot…

Things which you have suggested is already I am acheving in FA G/L Journal with the same option… Kindly read the below explanation for understanding the Nature of Fixed Asset…
The nature of the asset is “Project in Progress” these assets cannot be depreciated y bcz it has not placed in service,
the time when this asset is placed in service to final fixed asset then only I can depreciate it…so my problem is to deduct any of the amount from it or to add it the only option I need to select is etiher depreciation or Aquisition so which is wrong for this nature of the transaction. I should not select any of these and It should work same as our normal JV transactions.
I hope this cleared you…

Hi KR,

“Depreciation Book Code” is mandatory when posting a “Fixed Asset”, unless you have a personalization (or localization) on it that change its beaviour. Drepreciate it or not, is your business.

If you don’t have access to “FA G/L Journal” for some reason (you didn’t tell me what problem is), you need to make a personalization over “General Journal” as I said before, but you need a developer license.