How to use credit memo to pay for sales order?

We have a requirement to create a sales order and use credit memo as a payment for that sales order. I am wondering how can I do this with Ax 2009.

I created a credit memo and I also created a sales order, however I am not able to figure out how can I use the credit memo which I created to pay for the sales order

You need to invoice the sales order and then in open transaction editing apply the credit to the invoice so it is not a liability.

Hey Adam…thanks for quick reply… I am new to AX so want to understand what do you mean by "then in open transaction editing apply the credit to the invoice so it is not a liability.?

If you can give me some pointers I will be able to dig deep.

It is functions from the customer card from memory, have a look, if you cannot find it re-post and when I am in front of the software will post the actual menu option from the customer card.

Hi AdamRoue,

Plz provide detail for this i have also need for this.

Thanks & Regards

Piyush Ojha

yes I am still not able to figure this out. Details will be useful.

Invoice your sales order and then go to AR>Customer details, select the customer for whom the credit and invoice is posted, click Functions>Open transaction editing. Then you must see both the invoice and credit note transactions. Mark them both and click “Update”

You need not invoice your sales order. Just go to Sales order -->Functions–>Open transaction editing and mark that memo and update

it will be done.