I’m using Version 2.60 Swiss-German. If I create a Form using my Swiss Navision License, Multilanguage Captions are stored as DES=“My Title” If a non-Swiss User tries to import the FOB in Text-Format he receives an error telling him that he has not the right to use Language “DES” (Deutsch, Schweiz) which makes sense in a way as Germans use language “DEU” or americans language “ENU” You can try if you want. See my posting "Get/Set Filename using COMDLG32.OCX " from July 28th and try to import the object in your database. My question is: How can I create an object which can be imported by ANY user, no matter what language(s) he has licensed? Do I have to translate the MLCaptions to EVERY language respectively language version? Or Do I really have to “Translate” the MLCaptions like DES=“Mein Titel”;DEU=“Mein Titel”;ENG=“My Title”;ENU=“My Title”;FRA=“Ma titre” in order to cover Swiss-German, German, English UK, English US and French Standard? Marcus Fabian phone: +41 79 4397872 email@example.com
Marcus Does your fob include codeunit 1? I had a problem with a project converting a US Database to GB! I could not open the main menu It was because of the Language Code Integer in Codeunit 1 ApplicationLanguage() : Integer // GB Language EXIT(2057); Mr David Cox MindSource (UK) Limited Navision Solutions Partner Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Web: www.mindsource.co.uk
Another way to solve this matter is to set the Regional Settings in control panel to US. This will generate a Caption ML with ENU, but this will be used by all users. This have been tasted with the W12.0->2.60d version.
I’ve had this problem between Canadian and US English versions. A more cumbersome resolution is to save your files as text objects. Then the person importing can search the and replace the language code as appropriate for them. cheers,
I just ran into a similar problem. I’m also on 2.60 I check the Multi Language On Line help and came across this : Selecting a Language from the User Interface When you add the function (trigger) with ID 5 to Codeunit 1, a new menu item appears on the Tools menu: Set Language. When users select the menu item, the trigger code must open a form. From here they must be able to select the language in which texts on command buttons, in menus, and so on are displayed. There’s indeed a Set Language menu which appeared but when I click on it nothing appears. Has someone got a clue ? For the time being, I hack direcly into Codeunit1 (ApplicationMethod function) and swich from French to English (United Stated) there, so I can carry on with my testing …
Hi Tarek, as the help says: from there you have to… 1.) Create a form, e.g. SetLanguage, on the Window Language (2000000045) table 2.) In the OK-Button OnPush() use a GLOBALLANGUAGE := “Language ID”; 3.) Put a FORM.RUN(FORM::SetLanguage) in CU1 Trigger 5 (SetLanguage) 4.) Don’t forget to enter all the CAPTION MLs That’s it. Regards, Torsten
Originally posted by Tarek Demiati
the menu item, the trigger code must open a form. From here they must be able to select the language in which texts on command buttons, in menus, and so on are displayed. There’s indeed a Set Language menu which appeared but when I click on it nothing appears.