HOW TO SPEED UP SERVER PERFORMANCE

MY COMPANY JUST USE NAVISION FOR 5 MONTHS SO FAR. RIGHT NOW THE DATABASE IS GETTING BIGGER AND BIGGER. (WE GOT AROUND 1.5 GB DB)THE THING IS WHEN A USER IS DOING POSTING S/O. IT WILL SLOW DOWN THE WHOLE COMPANY USERS. WE ARE THINGKING TO IMPLEMENT OUR SERVER TO SPEED IT UP. THE SERVER WE HAVE IS ONLY WITH DUAL PII 300 CPU, 9G HD, 64 MB RAM. ANYONE WOULD GIVE US A BETTER SUGGESTION FOR THE SERVER EQUIPMENT? THANKS! WHAT IS THE BEST CONFIGURATION TO RUN NAVISION? Admin: Moved to: NF - Technical Forum

Hi, First of all I must notice you that Navision will not get better performance for using a Pentium Dual because it will only work under one processor, although is you use this server for more tasks, it is possible that the other tasks use this second processor. The way you can obtain a better performance is incrementig the RAM memory and using more hard disks. As bigger is the amount of RAM used faster is the server, and so with the number of hard disks. It would be good to have a 10% of the database in RAM, so if your database is 1’5GB you should have at least 150 Mb (I would use 256Mb) RAM memory. The number os hard disks is your election, but if you divide your database in files of 1GB and put these files each one in one different hard drive, your performance will be optimum. I hope this help you, Carlos Adrián Martínez mailto:nvision@correo.interlink.es

Thanks, Carols!

Just go to more than 64Mo !!! Go to 512 Mo you’ll be amazed! Frédéric Lafosse E&Y France