How to migrate a Database to SQL server?

I need to install a database of Navision Financials with SQL server. I was running the SQL server but when i try to connect with Navision Client for sql server I got the next message “La actual pagina de codigos configurada en su ordenador no es igual que la pagina de codigos del servidor ap3gma”. Should I make an instance of Navision in SQL server or setup a ODBC connection? Hopefully, somebody can help me. Thanking you all in advance.

Hello, first of all read manuals (RTFM - ). Secondly create native database backup, run N/F for SQL (finsql.exe - N/F for SQL). Create new database on convenient for you sql-server. Open it. Restore data from backup. It should work. Best regards, Anthony.

could you translate the message"“La actual pagina de codigos configurada en su ordenador no es igual que la pagina de codigos del servidor ap3gma” into english.?

The message is in Spanish and says something like: “The code page on your computer does not match the code page on server ap3gma”.

Do a search in these forums for ‘code page SQL’ against member ‘robertc’. I have made quite a few posts about this issue.

i should apologise for this wrong remark. i didn’t read question thoroughly. Probably, some people have codepages too. I’ve met some problem with SQL server during database opening after SP3 installation using option “Repair”, but it is certainly another case. BR, Anthony