How to make verical columns in reports

Hi All I am trying to create a report which has 4 dataitems. In report section there are different sections which have many controls placed on them. In middle of the report I want two column. When I am trying to reduce the sectionwidth it gives error ‘The width of a section can not be smaller than the boundary around all the controls in all the sections.’ Please advise the posible solution for the problem. Shyam

Shyam, all sections must have the same width, which equals the max width needed. Why do you want to make the mid section narrower? The paper width is the same, right? Best regards Pelle

quote:

Originally posted by shyam
Hi All I am trying to create a report which has 4 dataitems. In report section there are different sections which have many controls placed on them. In middle of the report I want two column.

I’m not sure I understand. Do you want to print two columns with data from half of the records in a dataitem in the first column and half in the second column? If so, you need to create some very interesting coding in order to build a temporary table which allows you to process records from the actual dataitem in pairs. If this is not the problem, then what is it? Anna

quote:

Originally posted by shyam
Hi All I am trying to create a report which has 4 dataitems. In report section there are different sections which have many controls placed on them. In middle of the report I want two column.

I’m not sure I understand. Do you want to print two columns with data from half of the records in a dataitem in the first column and half in the second column? If so, you need to create some very interesting coding in order to build a temporary table which allows you to process records from the actual dataitem in pairs. If this is not the problem, then what is it? Anna

quote:

You are right Anna. I did it by temp table. thanks Shyam