How to Insert a New Line in the Sales Line

Hello ALL,

When preparing aa Sales Order after entry the first line .I want to insert a new line base on certain conditions on my sales header.

Thanks

Cbenin

Is the new line you want to insert just informational or a sales line (i.e. shipping charges)?

Are you only wanting this line inserted after the first line?

The new line will contain a promo qty given to customers that pays upto 100 items

Do you only want the first line entered to add a new line?

Must it be the second line?

Probably the easiest way to do this is to put a new button on the sales form that your user will press before they hit the post button. Setrange on the sales lines for that document number and find the last one. Using a new copy of the record, add 1000 (or whatever) to the line number, then validate your fields (Item No…, Quantity) and then insert.

Thanks to All,

Let me explain it again.

After creating a sale order for a customer before given any approval, I want the system to automatically insert a new line containing the promotion qty for that item.

Thank once again

Use extended text, no coding needed, add the promo qty to the item - extended text , then when you put the item on the sales line it will automatically insert the extended text, if you want to write your own code, I would copy this functionality to do it.

to set it up go to the item card, and check the box “automatic extended text”, then enter the text such as “Special pricing available if you purchase 20 or more, ask your sales rep for details.”

you can enter starting and ending dates if you want the text to only be used for a set period, you can specify on the extended text card, what you want it to be inserted on. such as sales or purchase document ect,

Did you find a solution ?

Thanks,

But not yet solved. I want to insert the new line in my sales lines for any item that is qualify for promotion qty.

thanks again

We use extended text too, works great.

Ours only adds itself on “Release” of the order so not to slow up order entry.

But this doesn’t seem to meet your needs, so perhaps more info in more detail is needed.

How do you determine what qualifies? What do you want the new line to show or do?

Q: After creating a sale order for a customer before given any approval, I want the system to automatically insert a new line containing the promotion qty for that item.

A: Hi Cbenin, the easiest solution would be to use Sales Prices or Sales Line Discounts (no coding necessary). For example, our company would sometimes offer buy-one-get-one-free deal. This is in effect the same as setting the Sale Price 50% lower and entering 2 as the Minimum Quantity. Then when you create a new Sales Line, Navision will enter a “promotional price” if the Quantity >= 2. Alternatively you could establish a N% Sales Line Discount and a Minimum Quantity to qualify for the discount for that Item No. I don’t see the reason for entering a new line except when the new line is a cost associated with each order instead of an item such as shipping cost.

Scott

Thanks all,

I will try what scott says.

Thanks once again for ur respond.

Cbenin