how to import Released Products from legalentity A to legal entity B in ax2012

Hi all,

we need to import Released Products from legal entity A to legal entity B …

in below article saying can’t import release products by dat-def files (Definition Group)

www.linkedin.com/…/Export-Import-Release-Product-from-3793661.S.205496694

can we import by dat-def files (Definition Group) or is there any standard methods to do this…

kindly suggest on this…

The standard method for data import and export in AX 2012 is called Data Import Export Framework. There is an entity for items.

The old “dat-def” framework is not capable to deal with complex entities of AX 2012.

Martin, thanks for the reply…

underneath tables which i exported from legal entity A through definition groups with default setup…

InventItemSetupSupplyType

EcoResProduct
EcoResProductIdentifier
EcoResStorageDimensionGroupProduct
EcoResStorageDimensionGroup
EcoResStorageDimensionGroupItem
EcoResTrackingDimensionGroupProduct
EcoResTrackingDimensionGroup
EcoResTrackingDimensionGroupItem
InventItemGroupItem
InventModelGroupItem
InventTable
RetailInventTable
InventFiscalLIFOGroup
InventItemInventSetup
InventItemPurchSetup
InventItemSalesSetup
InventTableModule

now i switched to legal entity B and then imported by choosing the below options…

a)Open System Administration\Common\Data export/import\Import

b)Select the .dat file which is exported from legal entity A

c)Switch to tab ‘Advanced’ and enable following options: a) Include shared tables: Yes b)Update existing record: yes

now the records being imported…

am wondering how it’s imported as i read some article which saying product import through dat-def files (Definition Group) not possible …

https://www.linkedin.com/groups/Export-Import-Release-Product-from-3793661.S.205496694

with regards,

Krishna…

It is “possible” but not recommended with the table structure, and whether it works 100% in the destination company you would need to check. DIXF is now the method, MDM also uses this.

Adam, thanks for the reply

after checking we found some issues …

\Menus\ProductInformationManagement\Common\Released products

in the release product list page its showing all the items but when we are double clicking on the item its refering same item(in the form EcoResProductDetailsExtended) for all the items in the list page…

eg… EcoResProductPerCompanyListPage EcoResProductDetailsExtended

itemA itemN

itemB itemN

itemC itemN

What do you want to hear? You knew that your method is wrong, you used it anyway and now you look surprised that you got corrupt data. I also already told you what’s the right approach.

Martin,

now we again imported one more table inventitemlocation through definition groups from legal entity A to B…

we didn’t find any issue so far and will let you know if there is any issue…