How to identify what users are running a report?

Hello all,

We are currently usings versions of AX4 and 2009. Can you please confirm if its possible to identify what users are running a report in AX for example if user x is running the standard AX aged debt report within AX and its takes 2 minutes to run. How can I use code or AX functionality to confirm user x is currently running the report?

Thanks and kind regards.

What does it realy mean?

Do you want to print the user id in report of the current user?

Hi Saju,

We have instances when a bespoke report takes a long time to run.

It would be ideal to see if the report is being run by 1 to many users.

Printing the user id in report of the current user(s) would be very useful. if 5 people for example are running the report I would like to print all 5.

I’m investigating what options I have if any to achieve this.

Many thanks.

Tom

I don’t think there is anything out of the box, but it shouldn’t be difficult to implement it by yourself.

If you need it just in a single report, just adjust the one report, if you want it for all reports, try SysReportRun class. There you would log starting and ending events that you’re interested in (e.g. start of print). The log may include user ID, start/end time and anything else what you’ll need.

Hi Tom,

I dont think it is possible.Any way you can check below link.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/dynamicsaxbi/archive/2011/03/17/dynamics-ax-2009-collecting-statistics-on-your-morphx-report-usage.aspx

Hi Tom,

One thing you may want to consider -

1. Create a table with fields such as user name, Start date/time, End date/time, report finished etc
  2. Capture the above info and populate in the above table before and after execution of this report.

I would also try to find out the root cause of this long running and fix the issue.

Check possiblity by changing the table properties.

Created by,Modified by in \Data Dictionary\Tables\SysUtilElementsLog

Thanks for all the feedback.

I will look at how the SysReportRun class can be used to store this information.

Many thanks,
Tom

Thanks for all the feedback.

I will look at how the SysReportRun class can be used to store this information.

Many thanks,
Tom