How to hide(Visible-No) the fields of View

Hi All,

I have created one View using three tables…I want to hide one field(Column) in View but it should be a column of view.Please tell me the possible suggestions to do this…

Thanks in Advance…

Do you mean it should be a field in that view and you don’t want see that when you open/browse the view?

If so, why do you want to do that? I hope you are going to access it through a user interface and you can set the visibility there.

I am using a view to create a lookup from multiple tables…I want to use one recid field as a primary field in lookup…But it should not be visible to user in lookup…

How you are creating the lookup using that view?

Using lookup method of form control…I have used view as a table…

I didn’t get this. Could you please explain your intention?

I want the following fields in lookup…
EcoresAttribute-Name
EcoresAttributeType-DataType
EcoresAtrributeTranslation-Description
EcoresAtrributeTranslation-Attribute(RecId of EcoresAttribute).
So I have created one view by joining the above tables and used it for lookup…
In this lookup i want a primary field as Attribute(RecId of EcoresAttribute) but it should not be visible to user…
How can i acheive this…?

Still its confusing. What is your end goal (after doing the above)?

My goal is to use Attribute(RecId of EcoresAttribute) in Lookup…But it shouldn’t be visible to user…

Then don’t add it to the lookup in your lookup method.

If I set the visible property of the fiedl to no then it shouldn’t visible to user…In lookup the field is not visible but still I can use it as a primary field of lookup and also I can get the value from the Stringedit(Valuestr()) but the value is not visible to user…

How can I acheive the same In Views…??

Have you tried building a lookup form? (there you can do more manipulation)

You mean Using form as lookup…?

Yes.