How to hide a specific line frome a page

Hallo

my case is how can i have a description field and if i put this word ‘hello’ in description field it should hide the whole line when in description field ( a specific word)

Thank you very much

Let’s say you could accomplish this, how would you then access the line to remove that word if you no longer wanted to hide it?

I have a line in a page it has been used in different pages and now I don’t want to show it anymore so the user doesn’t select it but don’t want to delete it so it doesn’t bring me an error because it’s nicely used in other tables

Update the page’s filters to exclude that line.

To achieve this, you can use JavaScript to listen for changes in the description field and then hide the entire line if the word “hello” is found in the description. Here’s an example code snippet that you can use:

// Get the description field element
const descriptionField = document.getElementById(‘description’);

// Listen for changes in the description field
descriptionField.addEventListener(‘input’, () => {
// Get the value of the description field
const descriptionValue = descriptionField.value;

// Check if the value contains the word “hello”
if (descriptionValue.includes(‘hello’)) {
// Hide the entire line
descriptionField.parentElement.style.display = ‘none’;
} else {
// Show the line if the word “hello” is not found
descriptionField.parentElement.style.display = ‘block’;
}
});

In this code snippet, we first get the description field element using its ID. We then add an event listener to the description field that listens for any changes in the field. Whenever the value of the description field changes, the code checks if it contains the word “hello”. If the word “hello” is found, we hide the entire line by setting the display property of the parent element to “none”. If the word “hello” is not found, we show the line by setting the display property of the parent element to “block”.

1 Like

Try and play with the triggers OnFindRecord and OnNextRecord and you can achieve what you want. But I have to warn you that it is tricky. If you do not use them properly, you will might not see a single record.