How to have multiple older versions of Navision installed simultaneous with NAV 2013?

When I’m trying to run the debugger from NAV 2013 then I’m getting this error when starting the Windows client from C/SIDE:

The client version does not match the server version. You can only connect to a server with a matching version.
Client version: 6.0.33910.0
Server version: 7.0.33781.0

The error is because I have both NAV 2009 R2 and NAV 2013 installed and the debugger is trying to start NAV 2009. I’m having the same error if I’m trying to run a page or similar from NAV 2013.

Does anyone know how to make sure that NAV 2013 starts the correct NAV 2013 service?

It will check path from registry i guess

not sure of path but check under

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE–>Software–>Classes–>DynamicsNAV–>Shell–>Open–>Command

Hi Mohana,

Thanks, but that didn’t help. The command is already set to NAV 7.0 here.

File, Database, Information → select the right server

Hi Daniel,

Thank you. I assume that you mean “Server Instance”?

The right server instance is actually already selected here. Still doesn’t work.

I’m just thinking if it could have anything to do with the fact that I’m using portsharing (as per Waldo’s blog)?

Ok. I found a solution here: http://navprotocolhandler.codeplex.com/

With this function created by Kine (NAV MVP) it’s possible to setup the default protocol that NAV should use.

Just don’t understand why the system is not using the actual server instance - I thought this was why this field was there!