How to get distinct value Navision Database ?

Hi All

Sometimes, I need to get distinct value in Nav Database. Anyone help me, How to get distinct value Navision Database ?

Thank in advance

Tran Khanh Toan

Exactly what do you mean?

Please define distinct value? And please define Navision Database? Is as compared to how to get distinct value in a SQL Server Database? Are you talking from within the NAV client? Using a form? Or are you using another object (ex. report) to get this value for you?

Please be a little more specific when you ask questions. Thank you.

Thank you for your reply

I am sorry. I am a beginer so my question is not clear.

I mean, I need get distinct value from table within my CodeUnit. Similar “Select distinct” in SQL Database

Tran Khanh Toan

SELECT DISTINCT does not exist in NAV.

Do you know orther way to get distinct value (ex, code, …) ?

You verified a follow up question as the answer to your first question :slight_smile:

There are tricks with temporary tables, which is kind of tricky, and it depends on what exactly you are trying to do. If you want all the customers from a set of customer ledger entries, you could loop thorugh the CLE’s and insert the customers into a temporary record variable. At the end you should have only the customers from the set of CLE records.

Hi Tran,

You can also use MARK & MARKONLY functions for distinction.

MARK and MARKEDONLY will cause severe performance problems on large tables. It is meant to be used on forms.

Good message [:P]

Can you give more on that [ IF YOU FEEL FREE [;)]]