How to get/display time from datetime field of Navision Report

Dear All,

i created report from Sale Invoice Header & Sales Invoice Line table now i want to display time in this report from “Posting Date” & “Posting Date” data type is datetime.

Pls tell me code & function through which i can get time i will be very thankful to you.

Neel

Are you saying you modified the “Posting Date” field in Sales Invoice Header table from Date to DateTime?

When you put that field on your report what is it showing that you would like to change?

Savatage thanx for your reply,

No i have not changed field type from Date to DateTime, i knew it from SQL Server Management Studio.

Actually i want to print invoice creation time in this report so i want to extract time from this field.

Thanx

Neel

Posting Date field is Date type field in Sale Invoice Header table so how do you want to get Time from it?

Or you are asking for any other solution?

Yes Mohana You r right i check it from table designer.

But i want to print invoice creation time in this report so i am asking for this. I am displaying creation date from Posting Date but unable to print creation time pls help me how i can do it i will be very thankful to you.

Thanx

Neel

One way is: add a new field Creation Time and add code to update it each time record created. but will be applicable for future records.

If you change the data type of field then what will happen to existing data in that field

I also feel rather than changing the datatype of field add one more field (as Mohana Suggested) and display it on Report.

Thanx Mohana

So do you want to print the time the order was originally posted?

Your’ll need to add a new field to store that value.

or do you want to print the time that particular report is being printed?

Add Textbox with Sourceexp (Time) to your report