How to find the no. of times the report is printed on printer from report printed on screen

Hi All,

I have a problem to find out the no of times the report is printed on printer from the report window printed on screen.

The problem is like that : User wants to print a cheque, but before print directly on printer, he wants to view that. If everything is OK, then user selects the print option provided on the top of the report print window on screen. It prints the report on printer.

But user wants that from this window(report print on screen), he would be able to print report on printer only once. If the report is printed once on printer, that button should become disable. Because, any user can print cheque multiple times from that window.

Any idea will be helpful.

Thanks in advance

Manish

Hi Manish,

That’s not possible (to my knowledge) primarily because You can’t modify the print-preview form, and therefore not add logic to the print-button.

One workaround could be to create 2 similar cheque-reports, one that can only be shown on the screen, and one that can only be sent to the printer.
In the report that can only be sent to the printer, You must make sure it only prints once, and also add some code, to mark the cheque-post as printed, so it can not happen again.
Finally You create a 3. report (wich is the one You put in the report-list), and depending on how it is run, You can run the corresponding version of the cheque-report.

Hi Sander,

Thanks for reply.

I also hav the same idea. I created an additional button for demo check. From this button, I opened a report only for viewing the report. Print option is disabled from this window.

From the main button, from where I created the report, will remain the same, except that, the report now print directly to printer. Here I can check the no. of times the report is printed on screen.

Bye

Hi, please read the last line as “I can check the no. of times the report is printed on printer”.

Bye