How to enable the Country specific features

Hi All ,

One of our client has the organizations in different countries in US , Dubai , AUS and India. As you all know that features and taxation will be different for each country .

we need to implement the AX 2012 R2 , so I have created one database and created 3 companies in one database .

US leagal entity , for this i have selected the country code and primary address code as US.

Indian Leagal entiry , for this i have selected the country code and primary address code as IND.

AUS Leagal entiry , for this i have selected the country code and primary address code as AUS.

Even i have selected the correct countrycode for 3 leagal entities , but country specific localizations are not enabled.

My question is apart from the country code , do i have any other setup to enable the country specific taxation and features ?

Is it correct way to have the 3 different country leagal entities in one database ?

Did any one implement the above functionality , if Yes , please share your ideas ?

Please guide me .

Thanks in advance.

In the System Administration - Setup - Licensing - License Configuration - Country/Regional Specific Features

Thanks Steven ,

As you said , i can able to view this Country/Regional Specific Features check mark in license configuration . All Countries fields are enabled in the license configuration form .

Still i am not to able the country specific functionality in my leagal entities in database .

Apart from this do i need to do any setup ?

Nope, what country specific features are you looking for and what have you configured in the Country/Regional Specific Features?

I am looking for the indian taxation and indian features for AX 2012 R2.

I have enabled the check mark for india in the country / regional specific features .

Still i did not have specific features.

Then you need to speak to someone with Indian Localization experience and ask how this needs to be configured, because the setup is there with the Country.Regional specific features activated.

Can you guide me what i need to do in the Country / Regional specific feature form ?

( I am thinking that just i need to place a check mark in against Country code " India " in the Country / Regional specific feature form .

Please correct me if i am wrong .

Can you guide me what i need to do in the Country / Regional specific feature form ?

( I am thinking that just i need to place a check mark in against Country code " India " in the Country / Regional specific feature form .

Please correct me if i am wrong .

Any comments ?

No comment as you only wanted to be corrected if you are wrong [:D] Tick box and apply and then synchronise will bring all regional settings forward.

Hi Steven ,

To test the functionality i have been working on AX 2012 R2 , in this database i have created a new company called - US Legal Entity and primary address - US .

If you notice in the Legal Entity form - Statutory Reporting tab - lof of fields realted different countries like France , canada , Finland …

To diasable this fields in the US legal entity , in the License Configuration - Coutry / Specific features - selected only US and click Apply , then database synchronized roughly 15-20 Mins.

Then i re login to AX and switch to that US legal entity and Legal entity form , but all the country fields there .

Then what is the use of Country / Specific features functionality ?

Is Country / Specific features functionality applicable Legal entiry wise or database wise ?

When i created new why in the all countries have default check mark in the Country / Specific features functionality ?

Thanks in advance .

When you create a new install all are ticked as MS do not know where you are or what you want.

If you only have one ticked the other functionality is removed if you have done it correctly with appropriate rights.

As i told that i have been practicing the AX 2012 R2 in contoso Database . This database downloaded from MS site . It has almost 12 companies like US Legal entity , UK France Legal entity, Denmark. legal entity …

But if you open any legal entity form , you can all countries fields in the statutory information tab . How can we enable only the specific country fields .

I have opened US company and in the country /specific features i disable the all the countries , except US , but still it is showing the all countries fields in Statutory information tab.

First you need to check that these fields are keyed to the country specific features, they may always be there, you would need a developer to look at this.

I have no access to R2 so cannot see.

Check to see if a) you can enter anything in them and b) they are not shared fields.

In my opinion they are there and NOT tied to regional settings.

Check the field property country specfic code, it should be either US/CN,etc.

Hi Lally

I have an Experience on Indian Localization in AX 2012 R2.As you mentioned we checked only Country While Creating Legal Entity and the the Respective Taxation i.e Indian Set has been Created in Taxation part.To my knowledge only selecting the Coutry will enable the Country Specific features.

Thank You

Regards

H.S Reddy