how to create reports from tables

hi All,

How to create Reports in TAble Format?

Does anyone have any idea???

PLz do share…

Hi ,Lilly

Actually u cannot make the grid in the report as appears in the form but in report a control named “Shape” is there which can be used and from which u have to use the property “Type” from which you can select the options as Box,Horizontal,Vertical and so on for your requirement.

Reply if you cannot get it through .

Verify the solution if it meets your requirement.

hi Lilly,

Report in table format means u need boxes for every record…

If it is ur requirement then Just use line below , line above, line left, line right …

properties to Solid… for all the controls specified in ur section used…

Hi Lilly,

IN Report Design ,if your Generated Design you Can take lines like: Horizontal,Vertical Lines why bocz

if ur select a box if any text filed in the box it con’t select(for Selct Change the box then select)so we Can take Lines is very good.

i think so…for AutoDesign Also Same Lines…U can Give Field Names of table In Header & Some Lines in Header

Some Lines in body of report design,why bocz it increased length of table Automatically.

if any Changes You Can

Thanks & Regards

Ramesh

Hi lilly,

you want to create Report in table Formate

Go to Report Desing > right click and take Generated Desing > take page header > take Shape> go to its Property take Vertical line ,Horizintal line, Box set left ,right, top etc. and make Formate whatever you want.

Thanks & Regards

Nitesh Gangrade

Hi All,

Thanks for your replies. Please tell me how to continue after selecting the shape control… how can i drag and put the field into that shape control?

If i use line above and line below … properties only my field values are been boxed but not my labels. ex: Field Label : Field Value

In this case only the field value gets boxed but not the field label.

How to achieve this? Its really urgent plz help

Hi lilly,

Jst drag the fields from ur datasource …and in shape control properties take vertical instead of box ,make show label false of ur fields and shapes…put the sequence as shape control ,field,shape control,field … after completing of all fields take one more shape control and make its type as horizontal…For labels take pageheader and put text or prompt fields and put the same shapes controls as in body.

Make the pageheader’s bottom margin and body’s top margin as 0.0mm.

Hi lilly,

Go to datasource of ur report and drag the field whatever u want and drop in to the page header or header where u make the shape, after that right click

on Generated Design and select Edit and arrange the field where u want. and go field property and select Showlable - No.

Hi lilly,

another way of put data in report make display method in PageHeader or Header where u make the shape.

display data_type FieldName()

{

return table_name.table_Field;

}

drag this method to header or pageHeader where u make the shape. it will generate the field. right click on Generated design > Edit and arrange the field andgo to its Property and ShowLable-No.

Hi,

to obtain the boxes for labels u have to change show label property

of all the fields in the section to No…

then if ur requirement is to obtain the labels in every page Take the page header

and create text controls and enter label values into Text property …

and execute before the above section…

Hi All,

I could not understand after this…

"then if ur requirement is to obtain the labels in every page Take the page header

and create text controls and enter label values into Text property …

and execute before the above section…

ITs not in the section but in the page header.

Hey Lilly shape tool is the only option for your requirement.

You have to adjust your report design as table with the use of shape tool.

Hi,

to obtain the boxes for labels u have to change show label property

of all the fields in the section to No…

Then take the PageHeader Create New control of type Text…

Then enter the label value for ex… Account Number to be printed as label

in the report change the Text Property Of newly Created Text Control

To Account Number…

Repeat the same process for all the Labels Required…

Hi Lilly,

1. Add datasource to ur report

2. Go to design create one page header ,In page header create text or prompt controls to display as labels of ur fields jst provide the label ,EDT(if u use prompt) and modelfieldname property (Copy the name of ur field and paste the same to associate with that), shape controls with vertical and two with horizontal

3. Create one body and drag ur required fields from ur report datasource ,create the shape controls between the fields with vertical …atlast create one more shape control with horizontal property …Remember to provide height and width for shape control

---------------------------------------------- → Horizontal shape control1

| Label1 | Label2 | Label 3 …

|||___________ Vertical shape controls

--------------------------------------------- → Horizontal shape control2

ex :- for vertical shape controls : Height : auto , width : 0.5 char

for horizontal shape control : Height : 0.5 char ,width : 110 char(as per ur requirment)

Hi All,

Thanks Alot for all your replies… It was very useful… thanks once again :slight_smile: