How to create job timesheet in Navision 4.0 db

Hi, I want to create job timesheet how can I do that and which tables I have to use for it. I am using Navision 4.0 demodatabase. Regards, Naimish

Can you explain a little more detailed what you aer trying to achieve ? Do you want to “plan” a job in Navision ?

You should have a look at the resource or job journals, with little modifications, like new fields for start time and end time, you can use it for this purpose. Saludos Nils

Hi, I want to develop following type of screen using Job Journal information. How I can do this and What I have do for it.

Hi Naimish, this is a pretty common request, generally not possible without some mods, but the mods are not that huge. You will need to start by investigating how the Job budgets work, and how you record against them consumption. One thing you will certainly encounter, is the issue that Phase Step Task are general and not Job specific, the easiest solution is to just create a lot of Steps with codes 1000, 10001, 10002 etc, then create a new table Job Step with primary key Job No., and Step, and then it will work OK. You don’t need a new table for the days and weeks function, that can be done with the virtual table and some flow fields.

Hi David, Thanks for your reply.

quote:

this is a pretty common request, generally not possible without some mods, but the mods are not that huge. You will need to start by investigating how the Job budgets work, and how you record against them consumption. One thing you will certainly encounter, is the issue that Phase Step Task are general and not Job specific, the easiest solution is to just create a lot of Steps with codes 1000, 10001, 10002 etc, then create a new table Job Step with primary key Job No., and Step, and then it will work OK. You don’t need a new table for the days and weeks function, that can be done with the virtual table and some flow fields.
Originally posted by David Singleton - 2006 Feb 22 : 08:59:36

As I am new to Navision will please be more specific, I understand your approach but I am not very much clear about how to implement it in Navision. I hope you would understand that as a fresher I am getting lots of problems while programming in Navision 4.0. Thanks again Naimish

Naimish how well do you know the Navision Jobs module. Basically either you need to learn the granule in detail, OR you will need to have someone that knows the Job Granule to design this for you.

Hi, I know granule but still I have just started Navision from couple of months so still I am having some problems. Previously I was working in VB, VB.NET, ASP.NET, Sharepoint, Flash etc. I know programming very well but as Navision is having little bit of different style of programming so I need some help and here I dont have anyone who can help me. I am only person who is working in Navision, and you people are only guide for me. And that s why I ask you how to do that ? Just give me little bit of your assistance and I will do rest of myself. Your help will HELP me lot in my career. Regards, Naimish Dave

Bravo David - Naimish - Please read this post: http://www.mbsonline.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11151 But other than that - Key word are Job [li] Job Job Journal Template Job Journal Batch Job Journal Line Task Work Type [/li]