How to create a new TDS line in vendor transactions, while invoice/payment journal posting.

Hi,

i want to customize the vendor transactions while posting journal like any invoice (or) payment journal in Accounts payable. requirement is I need to create a new TDS transaction line along with the base vendor transaction line. i am unable to trace out appropriate location for writing the code. can any one help me on this scenario…

Thanks,

Manjunadh.M

Why do you want to do that???

Why do you want to do that???

Hi kranthi,

it is a requirement from client that client want to see the deducted TDS amount for the respected vendor. so that why client wants a TDS line along with the Vendor Transactions line of same details. normally vendor transaction line shows deducted amount. now i need to change this amount as original amount and i need to create TDS line.

Secondly as part of this customisation i need to create one more TDS line with posting profile, vendor ledger account in voucher. In Base three lines are coming. now i need to create one more TDS line with vendor ledger account.

Thanks,

Manjunadh

If you do that, at the time of settlement you need to select two lines - one the actual invoice amount and the TDS becuase you are going to make a payment after deducting the TDS.

Rather than complicating the issue you look for the alternatives. like explaining the cutomer how to drill down to the voucher transactions or provide them a report which contians the necessary information.

Hi kranthi,

At the time of payment journal for settlement we can see only original line. i confirmed with my functional consultant previously. now the thing is i just want to display the TDS line in vendor transactions as well as voucher. This is just for display purpose from the client side. hope now your clear about the scenario.

Thanks

Manjunadh

can any one see this scenario and help…bcoz it is very urgent.

Thanks

Manjunadh.