How to cancel the sale order?

Hi everyone, We created a sale order ,and ship the item when we are ready to shipment.I have partial shipment.And the next time my customer don’t want to rest so we want to cancel the sale order.And if we cancel that sale order then that sale order doesn’t send the item for rest. How the method or solution to cancel the sale order? Thanks for any help.

Hi If you have invoiced the part shipment do the following; Reopen the sales order. Reduce the quantitiy to the part shipped quantity. Run teh Periodic Activity - Delete Sales Documents - Delete Invoiced Sales Orders. The order will disappear. If you have not invoiced the part shipment do the following; Reopen the sales order. Reduce the quantitiy to the part shipped quantity. When you invoice the shipement the order will disappear. I feel that answers your question!

Hi, One more possibility , if customer is going to return then items and if you have not invoiced yet for shipped quantity then make use of UNDO shipment functionality. After this you can simply go to particular sales order and delete it. Hope this helps you.

or sales order, functions > close order. the order will then also disappear in the next batch invoice job! the only problem with this is if you close an entire order, then it leaves the lines on and sets it to open therefore never actually deleting it (and for some reason, if you are closing a full unshipped line, then we need to set it FOC which is quite good as it stops you from closing an entire order when you only wanted to close 1 item!)

Hi All I would not opt for the suggested option for business reasons. It is important in many industries to keep the original qty details. The need is for a short closure functionality without amending the ordered qty. This has been customized by a few NSC in India. Cheers