how to calculate time for form inside of objects like datasources.. in Ax2012

hi All,

Greeting for the day!!

how to calculate time for form inside of objects like datasources, methods… in Ax2012.

here I got the time(milliseconds) for any form by using SyssetupformRun class.

but I want get the inside of the Form Objects (datasources) time individually.

Note : I have tried TraceParser, but I want calculate the X++ only.

if any one knows please let me know…

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

GVK.

What exactly is the problem with Trace Parser?

Hi Martin Drab,

Thanks for reply!!

I need to find out time taken by the Form and Form data source and Methods…

Here While I am running any of the form in trace parser for instance I ran AssestDisposalparameter form and in the callTree tab the form time shows in this particualar way

ServerUtilLoad= AssestDisposalParameters TypeName= FormType=11,Inclusive(ms)time=21.04,Exclusive(ms)Time=15.72,DatabaseTime (ms)=5.32

So as per my understanding Exlusive(ms) time which is form taken time…but now how to find out How the exclusive (ms)Time divided in the form…

Note : How to capture the data from Trace parser to Ax Tables.

Thanks

You can easily use the tree view in Trace Parser to drill down to exactly what you need. Also, the data is saved in Trace Parser database, so if you query the database directly if you want. Although you could export the data from Trace Parser database and import to AX database, I don’t see any advantage in doing that.

yes, I Got the Trace parser data, but that is .etl file, I cont able to import that data in Ax Tables .

Already I tried in database side, but in TraceParser database doesnt showing full information, but .etl file showing all the information.

could you please simplify me.

Regards,

GVK.

If you want, parse the .etl file and copy the same information to AX, but I don’t see any reason for doing that.

hi Martin Drab,

thanks for giving replay!!

how to parse the .etl file and copy the same Information in Ax tables.

please let me know

Regards,

GVK.

I don’t know - I’ve never tried it exactly because I don’t think it’s worth doing. Have fun with your research.

Nevertheless you’re not the first one trying to parse ETL files - use a search engine to find stuff like StackOverflow: How do I read .ETL files in .Net?.