How to adjust Third Party Invoice (Posted) Amount ?

Hi all,

How to adjust Third Party Invoice (Posted) Amount ?

Suppose the Posted Third Party Invoice (Document No. TRD0001) amount is Rs. 1040/- and I want to add Rs.60/- more into the same Document No.

Is it possible in Nav?

Kindly reply.

The only way to adjust the amount of a posted document (invoice) in Navision is to create a Credit Memo and then a new invoice with the right amount.

Hi Erik,Dave ,

Can you tell me one thing
How do you craete a 3rd party invoice in Nav?? Suppose you are selling a Item to the Customer (C0001) and 3rd party is T0001.

I am working in NAV IN version. Here 3rd party invoice is being craeted automatically if it is defined in The Structure.

And my objective is to update the Amount of the 3rd party invoice(Posted).

I think you should have asked this question in the Indian forum, as Structure is only part of this localization.

I have moved this post to the Indian forum.

Dear all,

I’m describing the scenario again here.

Company (A) sells an Item to a Customer (B) thru the Shipping agent FedEx. After some time, the FedEx agent send a Bill to the Company (A) with the Bill Amount Rs. 1000/-. Now the Company (A) pay the bill amount after deducting the Service Charge on Rs. 1000/-.

Now I want to know from you how I can map this Situation in the Nav system.

What will be the process steps??

Kindly share your valuable knowledge…

Thanks in Advance.

So nothing wrong with Eriks original suggestion. This is simply an invoice, whether you use item charges, or direct to GL is obviously up to what the business wants.

Not sure on the deduction of the service charge, if FedEx send you an invoice you pay it, simple as really, why are you deducting anything, and if you are where is it doing, who has the liability and where are the transactions. This part is not clear, the rest is just straightforward invoice processing.

With your original point, you need to raise another invoice for the additions.

I think Service Charge will be TDS (Tax Deducted at source) something similar to withholding tax.

Now who is responsible for paying fedex. Is it company A or B. If A then simply book the fedex invoie as expense else you might have to create a supplementary invoice and customize to automate the process.

Hello.

Did you ever find a solution to this problem? If yes, would you mind sharing it with us?