How to activate the Sales Invoice????????

Hi, I made a button on the Sales Invoice that will bring up a menu for the user to select the type of invoice they want to create. In order to make this project work, I go to the form properties, and on the “Insert Allowed” field, I set the value to ‘No’, instead of the default ‘’. By doing this, the users will not be able to use the F3 button when making a new sales invoice. In other words, this method avoids any kind of accidents. Anyway, my project works fine when there are existing sales invoices. But, when there are no sales invoices, I could only see the ‘gray’ (deactivated) Sales Invoice from the Sales & Receivables menu, which it would not allow any body to enter a new sales invoice. So, is there anyway I could keep using the “Insert Allowed” property, so we can create sales invoice using my new button without having the deactivated sales invoice problem? Thank you for the assistance. Sincerely, Sylvia Tsang Management Software Solutions, Inc. stsang@mgmtsoftware.com

Probably the simplest solution is to insert a “dummy” record that never gets posted. You could also reenable the F3 function (recomended because that is the key everywhere in the system) and durring the insert, using the STRMENU function to pull up a dialog box for the user to choose the type. If the user fails to select a type you can produce an error to rollback the insert before it is commited. Bill Benefiel Manager of Information Systems Overhead Door Company billb@ohdindy.com (317) 842-7444 ext 117