How do you manage a global Nav setup? How is your system set up?

Hi all,

We have a hosted Nav 2009 solution in a data centre in London. We have users mainly in the UK, US and China. We connect in via Citrix and sometimes using Remote Desktop to run Jet Reports and other tasks (99% is Citrix, however). China are struggling as there are 80+ concurrent users.

Can I ask those of you who have users in several counties: How did you implement Nav, and how well does it work? Do you all connect into a central location? If so, how?

I would really appreciate some feedback on this.

Thanks, Paul

FIrst of all is it RTC or Classic ??

We can use both, but 99% of the time it’s RTC.

Hi,

Does anyone have any input on this?

Hi,

What kind of problem they are facing ?

I would suggest if you are using RTC then create different services for different country. This will help

Hi,

Thanks for the input.

We already have different services for each country as we use ExpandIT software to manage logins and licences, so we have three services (US, UK and China).

Hi,

We have two Window 2003 Domains that have a Forest Trust. The Dynamics 2009 R2 Server and Sql Server 2005 are setup in a 3-Tier environment using Kerberos Authentication in Domain A.

Users from Domain B, remote desktop to a Terminal Server in Domain A and then attempt to login to Dynamics using their Domain B credentials. That is failing on the Sql Login.

I have tested the users login from Domain B by opening RTC on the Dynamics Server and they successfully authenticate to Sql (2 Tier) method. The Sql Logs indicate NT Authentication\Anonymous Login Failed.

Can you authenticate using Kerberos across Domains? How would you approach this without having to setup new accounts in Domain A or change to 2-Tier setup?

I moved this to a new Post…