How can i filter the data based upon parameter value in SSRS report..?

Hi All,

I am working in Customer transaction report,Here I need to filter the data based upon parameter values.Generally how can we filter the data in SSRS reports based upon parameter values…?Pls post your suggestions accordingly as soon as possible.

Thanks in Advance…!!!

Regards,

Suresh.M

hi suresh… clear one thing that you are fetching data from database using RDP/Contract class or just by Query of AOT,if just you are using AOT query then create new query/or modify exsiting one and add some ranges on it…then refresh your dataset in visual studio…for designing…then open your report and add parameter ,and then add a filter and give the value for that filter the parametr…

Hi Munsif,

Thanks for your response,Here i need to filter entire row data based upon user selected parameter value.Let us assume i have a financial dimension parameter cost center =“CC001” based on this value i need to filter entire row in our report.How can i achieve it.?Please give me your suggestions accordingly as soon as possible.

Thanks in Advance,

Suresh.M

Hi,

try to use expressions in Tableidx itself to filter the value.

Thanks

I have to repeat the question asked by Munsif-ur-Rehman: What is your data source? An AX query? An RDP class?

The answer depends on that.