How can i Automate Report Generation and save as an excel sheet.

Me too not using Windows Dynamics Role tailored Client…

I am using Dynamics NAV 2009 …If you can find me a solution iam very thankful to u…!!! Coz itz one of my major task…help me!!!

You mean the saveasexcel doesnt work for navision 2009 , or windows NAV 2009?

What is the difference between navision 2009 and windows nav 2009?

It works only with RTC, not with Classic

When you say “I want the optput to get automatically saved as well” - is it your Excel, you want to save? And do you use standard NAV and Excel-buffer?
If, then you have to use Automations (such as ‘Microsoft Excel 11.0 Object Library’). From here you can use classes; in class “WorkBook” it is possible to call methods like “Save” and “Save as”.

So, yes, you need some extra C/AL-code.

What version are you on? Depending on the version there are two ways. For NAV 2009 Role Tailored Client and on there is a function called SAVEASEXCEL that you can use on the reports. For all other versions you have to write custom code, like what is in Aged Accounts Receivable, to save it.

@Renjith:

You posted a total of 16 posts in a total of 4 threads in a total of 3 forums, and they were all about the same topic. Please keep it to ONE topic per post.

Also, I want to address tags with you. Tags are a way for people to find RELEVANT posts, so that users can search on certain keywords. By entering irrelevant tags, you dilute the pool of useful answers. Someone wants to find a post about C/AL, they will not be interested in your Excel question. Thanks for taking the time to enter tags, but please keep them relevant.

Iam using the dynamics 2009 classic. Can u sent me the code plz. So that it will be very helpful for me…!!

I put CurrReport.SAVEASEXCEL(‘C:…’); inside the OnPostReport() , But the report is not saving to the specified location.

I tried to call a function SAVEASEXCEL() from OnPOSTReport(), and inside the function i wrote the code like dis:

CurrReport.SAVEASEXCEL(‘C:…’)… , and this too not working…!!!

Can anyone give me a solution to automatically save the record in excel format when we run the report from windows dynamics Classic…!!!

Cheers!!!