Hosted Options

Hi all,

My company has decided to implement MS Dynamics and is looking to purchase the licences. Due to the diverse locations of the business, the company has decided the host the application on the Internet and run the entire operations of the business online.

My question is, is it better to just pay hosting charges and acquire licenses (application, DB and OS) than rent monthly licences (like in the SaaS model)?

Any pointers to good hosting companies who could help us with this? We are located in India, but I think that might be irrelevant

Prajwal

Remember that you will also need to host a Terminal Server/Citrix enviroment. Not all hosting companies are able to provide this service.

Greetings,

We provide Dynamics hosting and can also make available the licenses on a monthly basis through our MS SPLA agreement. We suggest however using a local reseller like Tectura as they have the experts available to perform the set-up and integration work. If you are interested in learning more let me know.

Remy

Tier 3

@Remyokeefe: Yes. I am interested in learning more about this. However, do note that my company is purchasing the licences and is not interested in paying for the licences on a month-on-month basis. They are only interested in paying for the hosting charges and not for licences.

Can u help me with this setup? or perhaps point me to the right direction?

Thanks in advance.

Prajwal

That’s fine. We supply hosted infrastructure and it is not a requirement that we lease the Dynamics application. Please email me at remy.okeefe@tier3.com and I will be able to help you.

thanks

Remy

Well, that’s something new…

Hey Walter, What an attack to come with on your first post for a long time! [:)]

Actually Tectura have some very good people in many of their offices, also in India. But that’s not really the topic here.

I have been looking into options of finding a hosting company on several occasions. But whereas the idea of software as a service (SaaS) doesn’t really work here. There is simply not enough customers for a hosting company to base their business on hosting Navision. So it’s been my experience that there are not many hosting companies who are both experts in hosting and Navision at the same time. Of course you should still find a hosting company who have experience with Dynamics NAV, but that’s not the same as they know anything useful about NAV. But it helps.

So you need to find both a great hosting company, and a company who are great at doing Navision.

But don’t expect that your NAV company will be able to handle the communication for you. Most likely they have never worked with a hosting company. So YOU NEED to find someone to handle the communication between your NAV partner and your hosting partner.

Your contract with both partners need to be prepared for this fact. Otherwise you risk a lot.

Once your system and hosting is up and running, then you usually don’t have many problems. But you have to be prepared for the worst.

You’re welcome to contact me again, if you need to know more.

PR: wait… I: wait… L: wait… LD: wait… I: wait… wait… Rank: wait… Traffic: wait… Price: wait… C: wait…