Hello

I’m a long time user of Microsoft Nav, back even to the days when it was a DOS product called Avista. I worked previously for Peachtree Software who worked with the Danish guys in bringing product to America. I’ve been an employee of a VAR selling Nav, done consulting work here in Georgia, USA for the Nav office, but now work solely in Finance. I work for a gas turbine operations/services company - EthosEnergy Group. We are currently on old version 2009 Classic but starting our upgrade to Nav2015 next month. Will be a long process as we have many companies around the world on this product. I get the great pleasure of being on the upgrade team and will be using this forum to search for new ideas.

Hi Patti,

And then it’s the first time you become a member of the Dynamics User Group? [;)] Welcome anyway and thank you for your nice introduction. The Dynamics User Group started in 1995, when I worked for a Avista partner in New York (BMI). And I’ve just finished updating the history of Dynamics NAV in the WIKI here on DUG. And forgot to mention Peachtree. I know the name Avista. But didn’t they call it something else also, in the very first attempts to sell it in the USA?

You can look forward to be working with NAV 2015. It has been improved beyond by personal expectations. And they continue their efforts with NAV 2016 - which is released just next month. But if you have any questions, then please share them in the forums. [:)]

I’ve probably met you somewhere along the way. I worked for eSoftware Professionals in Portland Oregon from 1993 to 2001.

I don’t remember the very first Nav name but do remember there was one before Avista. Must not have been a very impressive name if neither one of us remember. Look forward to using the site.

Didn’t they start by calling it something with PeachTree?

No it didn’t have a Peachtree name. It was called Navigator I think before it came to the US.

Yes it was called Navigator in Denmark, but already Navision in some European countries. Remember when I was attending some training in Atlanta in 1995, that nobody liked the name Navision then. They said it sounded negative with the NA’vision - no vision by someone funny! [;)] Avista on the other hand, sounded like a Mexican party.

Funny!