Has Data Migrations simplified in Dynamics NAV with SSIS components ?

The license is free for developers to explore the available Kingswaysoft components from the toolkit on a development machine. Developers can design custom data migrations.

The toolkit can be downloaded from here : Download Link

Take a look at the demonstration and help manual here.

https://youtu.be/9rg-pBXMW0s

The components support a wide range of SQL Server product versions.

Microsoft SQL Server 2016, Microsoft SQL Server 2014, Microsoft SQL Server 2012, Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2, Microsoft SQL Server 2008, Microsoft SQL Server 2005

SSIS 2016, SSIS 2014, SSIS 2012, SSIS 2008 R2, SSIS 2008, SSIS 2005

Hi,
What sets this apart from Scribe or even RapidStart, when everybody knows that it’s absolutely a “no-go” to migrate directly via SQL, instead of NAV?

The idea behind this discussion is to get an understanding and experiences of other users. What are the Pros and Cons ?
And to learn, if there are better powerful tools in the Market. Customers today need just performance and speed.

Yes, but what is your own experience with this tool? Why would I use it to Scribe or NAV’s own RapidStart? Personally I’m a big rapidstart fan, except when it comes to 10000+ transactions. Then building a custom XMLport is typically the fastest option, both in time to build and speed of import.
Using SQL and SSIS would be way to risky in most cases and troublesome in my ears.

@Erik: Well, not that dangerous as seemed to be - SSIS connects to NAV Server, not directly to MSSQL database, BUT…

@Venkat: That is, it SHOULD connect, but it does not, at least I couldn’t create the connection as they describe in their video.
First, it can’t find NAV server(s) & Service URL by itself - {IP/servername}:{Port#} must be typed in manually, then, what is worse, the same with usr/pwd, no option for Win integrated security.
I even created a special User in NAV, but that didn’t help in any way:

Msg TITLE: SSIS Integration Toolkit for Microsoft Dynamics 365 (v8.0.0.6228)

System.Net.WebException(Status Reason: Unauthorized): The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. (SSIS Integration Toolkit for Microsoft Dynamics 365, v8.0.0.6228 - devenv, v14.0.25420.1)

Environment: MSSQL 2014 DevEd + all three tiers of NAV 2013R2 and NAV2016 on a single test PC. The same behavior on both NAV versions.

Modris Ivans, Totally agree with you that it doesn’t discover the servers.

There are couple of steps before using the connection manager. You need to enable\start “Enable Connector” in the Syncronization tab under Marketing Setup form.

I used a bit of old version and faced similar error. But figured out following their online help manual.

And also watch for the formation of the URL, sometimes it is incorrect. I manually edit it according to version.

ex : localhost:7047/DynamicsNAV70/WS

Next do not use the domain in the user name authentication.

Attaching screen shots here for reference, if that helps.

Let me know how your test goes.

Thanks,

Venkat