Has anyone deleted a Payment Journal that checks were already printed? If so, what did you do?

A Payment Journal was created and the checks were printed, but someone deleted the Payment Journal. The checks are showing in the Checks in Cash and Bank Management.

I’ve tried:

1 - recreating the APPJ and inputting the check number, but the field is grayed out and I’m unable to input the check number

2 - recreating the APPJ, generating a check and changing the starting check number, but the check prints with the next check number, instead of the check number that I changed it to.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

What is the status of the check? Have you enabled “Allow check reuse” in cash and bank parameters?

Hi AX_user,

I think ask help to your developer, If you want to remove or not showing the checks in cash and bank management. the developer remove the record directly from the database.

Hi AX_User,

I understand that you have processed a check, but deleted the associated payment journal leaving the GL out of sync with the AP and Cash sub-ledgers.

This is a common issue and can be resolved by processing a void for the original check (be sure not to update the GL), then reprocessing a check in its place using a check number of ######rp. Where ####### would be the original check number concatenated with “rp” at the end for Re-Print. This method helps with reconciling, while avoiding problems associated the check number reuse.

See Kranthi’s response for allowing check number reuse / override.

NOTE
Please consult with your company policy prior to manually altering data in your database. Doing so without proper knowledge / approval can results in many issues (Audit, Legal, etc.)