Grouping Records in Navision Reports

Hi,

I am using navision report.

How can i Keep the grouping records in the same page ?

Regards,

Hi Elie,

Grouping by 1 field :

1. In DataItem, give Sorting(Field) For. eg. Item No.

2. In DataItem properties, under GroupTotalFields enter the field… Item No.

3. If you need total then you have to keep GroupFooter, then give the fields for which you need Total like for e.g Quantity. Then specify Quantity in TotalFields under DataItem properties.

That’s it… [:)]

Thanx Aswini for your reply,

But what i mean is the following:

i am facing this problem:

in the first page i have

Item1

row1 ent1 ent2

and on the next page i have

row2 ent1 ent2

row3 ent1 ent2

And what i want is my report show the data on the next page like the following

Item1

row1 ent1 ent2

row2 ent1 ent2

row3 ent1 ent2

Did you run out of space on the first page? Or did it just leave a bunch of empty space on the first page?

I suspect it’s the first. It’s really not easy and not worth the hassle. TransHeaders and TransFooters are the way to go to improve report readability in these situations. If you have to keep them with each other be prepared for a lot of development. You have to keep track of the number of lines displayed on the page, when you get to a new page, and look ahead to see how many records you need to process (essentially at least doubling the execution time of the report).

My report have this stucture:

G/L Account

G/L Entry

if the number of lines is <= 1 i want to keep the grouping together on the next page.

In which dataitem i create transfooter or transheader?How can i do that?

TransHeaders and TransFooters just place subtotals or text like “Continued On Next Page” on each page so that you know where you are. But you can add them just like any other section to a report.

Regardless of how many lines you want to keep together, you would have to do the look ahead and count how many lines you have already printed and how many lines you are expected to print. It can absolutely be done, but I would just accept it as a limitation of NAV.