giving rights to users

A question regarding the rights: very often i find an entry in the group-rights, where the object-id is set to zero. Does this mean a user has the standard rights to every object of this object-group (tables, reports etc.) ? I’ve found no hint in the navision-manuals. Stefan Weinreich Billing Analyst

I think it is documented somewhere, but you are right in your assumption. 0 means that no permission restrictions for that user on that object type is set. Lars Strøm Valsted ------------------------- Software development today is a race between the programmers trying to make better and more foolproof programs, and the universe trying to make bigger idiots. So far the universe is winning.

Hi Stefan, have a look at the permissions of the SUPER or SUPER(DATA) role - confirms definitely Lars’ statement. Saludos Nils

quote:

Lars Strøm Valsted wrote:I think it is documented somewhere, but you are right in your assumption. 0 means that no permission restrictions for that user on that object type is set.

The question Stefan was making was if the object-id is set to zero, and yes, Stefan, it means that the rights you give to that 0 id object are the ones get by default by all objects of that category. Remember that navision uses a “most permisive” system that means that if you don’t want the users, for example, to be ables of running a specifical form (example form 50000) and you’ve set the permissions for that user to be able of running all the forms (object type form id 0 )), he’ll be able of running that report, no matter you specify that individual with empty permission on executing. The 0 object id allows you to set as default restrictive permissions to a set of objects (tables, forms, reports…) by default, but you’ll have to set the specifically allowed ones individually… Regards Alfonso Pertierra (Spain)apertierra@teleline.es