GETTING BLIND ?

I get lost all the time when I am working in Financials tables. Specially in those long and wide tables. Why the FIELD you select is not clearly highlighted as in other applications is? Why they did not copy the way Excel works? The size of the line used in the frame is so thin that when one returns to the screen hardly finds where the cursor is. Is it only me? Am I getting blind? Fernando (sorry, a copy of this message was sent by error to Implementation Forum)

quote:

Originally posted by Fernando Amat: I get lost all the time when I am working in Financials tables. Specially in those long and wide tables. Why the FIELD you select is not clearly highlighted as in other applications is?

The FIELD you select is the one the cursor is… if you want to change the colour of the fields you’re is also something that can be done. If you’re wanting also to highlight the RECORD you’re in on lists you can also do by just left clicking on the top left grey area (where the arrow showing the record you’re in is).

quote:

Why they did not copy the way Excel works?

Because is not Excel… Excel is a spreadsheet program based on different cells with values… Navision is not based in cells, but in records stored in tables. You can copy records, but copying for example, just the descriptions for pasting them has no sense in the database, as you need different records for pasting the descriptions with different keys… also if you just need to copy a colum of all the ones that are shown in a list form you can easily do by hidding all other colums, selecting the records you’re wanting to copy the value of the field from and then pasting in your favourite application… :slight_smile:

quote:

The size of the line used in the frame is so thin that when one returns to the screen hardly finds where the cursor is.

You can set the size of the lines so you can easily find the record. Just need to modify by dragging. Regards, feliz navidad y prospero anyo nuevo. Alfonso Pertierra (Spain)apertierra@teleline.es

Hola Alfonso! Thank you for your reply. I regret I did not explain my problem clearly enough. Changing colors, size of lines in the table etc. does not cure my problem All I would like to have is a THICK BLACK FRAME in the SELECTED REGISTER. I mentioned Excel as a reference for their graphic standards, not for the functions, of course. Maybe I miss the way lines highlighted in the old Navision tables. Feliz Navidad Fernando