Getting BC (On Premise) Help Documentation To Work

Hello All.

We are running D365 Business Central version 14 on premise.

Does anyone know how to implement the Business Central Help Documentation (ex: clicking the question mark in the top right corner of the client window)?

We upgraded last year and it worked but one day noticed that it stopped working. It appears that it was set up to run from our Upgrade Server instead of our production server.

This is the error that we currently get. It is referencing the wrong server (our upgrade/dev server).

Lewis,

Here is a PDF of BC Manual

Steve

https://1drv.ms/b/s!AmRbkPn9LCQZnwW8pEQOb4qak8am?e=XbsMUo

Looks like 2722 pages of recommended reading for the summer!

Anyway, I’m not quite there yet, but I discovered that my ClientUserSettings.config file had the wrong server URL and Port.

When I corrected that, the HELP functionality worked. I also fixed the XML file that I use when installing the Windows Client for everyone.

Now if I close the BC Windows client, delete my ClientUserSettings.config, and restart my Windows BC client, the config file is recreated incorrectly. I guess my question now is: where are the settings pulled from when the ClientUserSettings.config is recreated. Is that in a local file of on the service tier?